Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ted Kennedy's Season of Hope

"For me this is a season of hope...." - Senator Eduard Kennedy

I've always been a HUGE Kennedy fan.

Teddy Kennedy's speech at today's Democratic Convention was one of the best I have heard. Stirring, inspiring, and heartwarming, it was also a bittersweet moment. I could not help but be teary-eyed while watching him on Youtube today.

Perhaps it is also because he shares the same illness with someone very dear to me that I found the moment extremely poignant. It warmed my heart to see and hear him say that nothing would keep him away from that podium today. Much like the courage and resolve of someone I know. Ted Kennedy inspires us all with his fierce determination.

For someone whose days are now numbered, his words certainly stirred my heart -- "The work begins anew, the hope rises again, and the dream lives on..."

God bless Ted Kennedy. Listen and be inspired.

No comments: