Saturday, January 13, 2007

Prayer for Enlightenment


Lord I have so many whys. I could go on and on, but nothing will change no matter how many times I ask. I do not understand this. I do not understand You. But I realize I am not meant to. You, O Lord, are high above all, and I must give my questions to you once and for all. Forgive me when I limit You, doubt You, and expect You to fail me. I am so small compared to You, yet You love me more than I can comprehend. Instead of focusing on the questions, I want to start focusing on the Answers – You. Help me to better understand Your attributes and Your plan for my life.

Faithful God, I must look at You first. Teach me about Your goodness and sovereignty. Teach me to see the big picture and not just the pebbles of my unanswered questions. Lord, I’m willing to try. Help me to understand that I CANNOT do anything without Your enabling. You only expect me to love You and learn about You, and your spirit will do the rest within me and through me.

Lord, I don’t understand. I’m asking You and being very honest with You. Please answer according to Your will, but also, can You show me how I am to deal with this? What would You have me to learn? How would You have me to operate from this point on. Teach me Lord, guide me and fill me with your spirit and grace. In Jesus Name. Amen.

2 comments:

midnight rainbow said...

Hi,

I am going through so many changes in my life right now and sometimes I still wonder why things had to happen in a certain way. *sigh*

Thanks for the very inspiring prayer! :)

CoNnE said...

hi cathy,
i just wanna say that you have a very wonderful blog here...it will surely help your readers...
i'm glad there are people who still take time to blog things that are not just related to themselves...but also for God.
your prayers are indeed very inspiring...Keep it up!